1. Disqualification or Withdrawal
The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entries not prepared in accordance with the regulated format and entry fees will not be refunded.
Any entries being withdrawn by any entrants, no fee will be refunded.
Please notify the Organizer by email if any withdrawals on or before the submission deadline.
Payment must be made when entries submitted. Organizer reserve the rights to disqualify the entrant if payment for all entries is not settled by 17 February 2023 for All categories respectively.
2. Return of Non-Awarded Entries
All non-awarded entries can be returned in May 2023. He/She is required to pick up in person with further notice from the Organizer the collecting location and time by website. Special arrangement only upon request by completing the form of “Request for Entries Return” and email to email@example.com by 17 Mar 2023.
3.Liability for Loss and Damage
While every precaution will be exercised in the handling of entries received by the Organizer, the Organizer accepts no liability for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever for any entry submitted.
It is advisable for the entrants to arrange product liability insurance for their entries.
4. Applicants follow the following procedures for applying for the HK Smart Design Awards.
(a)Notice of the preliminary selection results
- The preliminary selection is implemented based on the information provided by applicants.
- The organizer notifies applicants of the preliminary selection results on the SDA Online System on Early of March.
- The organizer holds the final selection as follows.
- Applicants transport the physical item or an alternative such as a panel of the subject entry to/from the place and on the date/time designated by the organizer. In principle, the Final Selection is not open to applicants.
- Applicants confirm and register information of the items which have passed the final selection of the HK Smart Design Award to be made public at the end of April , the day of the announcement of award winners, and such information to be inscribed on the Commendation Certificate and Publication through the website from the end of April .
(c) Announcement of winners
The organizer will announce the award winning objects of this year's HK Smart Design Award, the HK Smart Design Awards at the end of April through press releases and on the website.
※ Awarded products will not be returned to entrants after submission. The award organizer may use them for exhibition and promotional purposes.
5. Subject Entry Category and Screening
Although the screening is conducted in accordance with the Subject Entry Category chosen by the applicant upon application, the category may be changed at the discretion of the Judging Committee.
Applicants may not apply for more than one category in terms of one subject.
The Participant declares and warrants that the Entry does not
Infringe or violate, or involve elements that infringe or violate any applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to crimes, violence, obscenity, indecency, libel defamation, races misunderstanding or discrimination, privacy invasion, under any kind of preferential treatment, solicitation, or threatening;
Infringe or violate any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyrights, patent, trademarks, trade names, trade secrets or other proprietary rights, held by any third parties, regardless whether or not such rights are known to the Participant;
Contain any confidential information of any third parties;
Contain an individual or organization who did not give their consent.
6. Design Registration and Patent
It is the responsibility of the entrants to protect designs by design registration or patent. All matters regarding design copyright will be arranged by the entrant(s).
The Organizer reserves all rights to exhibit and/or publicize the prize-winning and other entries in any format at their discretion.
The awarded parties would be interviewed. Photo and video shooting of the awarded and merit entries would also be made for promotion via website and various materials, i.e. Awards Booklet, video at the Awards Presentation Ceremony & Press Conference and exhibition venues.
The Organizer may at anytime and without notice, amend or alter their prizing policy and/or deadlines.
9. Personal Data
All personal information submitted will solely be used for the Hong Kong Smart Design Awards purposes. In accordance with Sections 18 and 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance by Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong, the entrants have the rights regarding access to and correction of personal data provided.